About Our Dance Venue
The national fraternal organization Sons of Hermann was organized in New York in 1840 to help preserve German traditions while easing the transition of German immigrants into American Society. In 1910, four Dallas Sons of Hermann organizations filed for a charter to acquire a suitable building for meetings. The Sons of Hermann Hall
, our historic dance venue, was erected on Elm Street in 1910 and housed a Dance Hall, Bowling Alley, and meeting place. By the 1920s, the Sons of Hermann in Texas was one of the largest and most successful Fraternal groups in the Nation. Today, the Sons of Hermann in Dallas remains active in the Community with dances, parties and youth activities, and continues to serve the area through charitable activities, in keeping with the Sons of Hermann Motto, "FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND LOYALTY."
Parking / Transportation
Options for parking at Sons of Hermann Hall include pay lots, metered and unmetered spots. In addition, a Dallas Area Rapid Transit (D.A.R.T) rail stop is less than 1/2 mile from our dance venue. Please click here
for detailed information on options.